Speaker systems with digital signal processors (DSP) allow completely new possibilities. With the active speaker module AKB-400DSP, this technology is now applied in speaker building concepts. It is both suitable for 2-way speakers and for the application in an active subwoofer. The programming is carried out via a user-friendly software. For this purpose, the computer is connected to the module via a USB cable. A total of 400 W at 4 Ω can be provided as desired, e.g. 400 W for subwoofer operation, 2 x 200 W for 2-way speakers or 350 W for a bass speaker and 50 W for a tweeter.
- 2-channel active module (class D)
- 400 W/4 Ω
- 2-channel DSP
- 4 presets can be programmed and stored
- Supplied with software (Windows* XP, Vista/7/8)
- Parameters to be controlled via software: Biquad filter functions (bell, notch, all-pass, low-shelf, high-shelf, band-pass, high-pass, low-pass), delay, input gain control, master volume, low cut
- Short-circuit proof
- Overtemperature protection
- Supplied without mains cable, matching mains cable AAC-115P is available at option
"Up to 13 filters can be combined. You can even import frequency response measurements … it is possible to combine the complete amplifier output power available in one channel which allows this module to provide power for a subwoofer, too."
"The MenhirL is an extra transparent speaker; provides a dynamic and pleasant sound for most versatile applications; delivers a very emotional sound; meets every requirement – that’s how a speaker should be. Reader’s project MenhirL in the Klang+Ton using SP-38A/500BS, MRD-300 and AKB-400DSP."